wtorek, 1 stycznia 2013

Rythm of my life in 2012

Hello 2013! Make yourself at home ; )

In this last post concerning my music in 2012, I'd like to make a list of my top songs with some commentaries about the memories, people, moments, events I associate them with...

The Wombats/Gotye/Foster the People - those are my paiting/drawing classes in January 2012. Back then it was a real pain for me to concetrate at my maximum for 4 hours and draw every detail of still life... when I put those songs on, I got an extra kick of an energy and danced around the table... seriously ;)

Jessie Ware - and especially Wildest Moments - when I think of this song, the image of my friend Ania comes to my mind. She's also a great fan of her, and I think I will always associate this song with Ania's photo exhibition this Fall.

Brodka - Varsovie - can't express how much I love this song. It was produced in LA, and come to me as a storm in Spring. The lyrics are of significant meaning to me - 'Wake me up in July...' - meaning: wake me up for the RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS concert in Warszawa (Varsovie) in July! :D

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - album: I'm With You. Amazing album, although I began to fully like it after some time. First, I was in love with Did I Let You Know, but afterwards my heart was stolen by Monarchy of Roses (and they played it as a very first song!) and the entire album.

Coldplay - Paradise - amazing song, very powerful and addictive ;) Big plus for very creative video clip :)

Karen O, Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross - Immigrant Song - this is a great piece of a history... This song is of course a background song for the opening sequence in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - my movie of 2012. David Fincher, the director of the film, said that he was driving in Sweeden, where he coordinated all the preparations to shoot the film, and he was listening to Led Zeppelin. In a second he realized that the lyrics of the Immigrant Song goes like this: "We come from the land of the ice and snow..." which is a perfect reference to the Sweeden and of course, Lisbeth Salander :) Then he contacted a music producer - Trent Razor, and the updated version of this song appeared in the phenomenal and unique opening sequence, interplaying with stunning visual effects. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=mVLJkIZvFlo&feature=fvwp) This song give me as much energy as 10 cups of coffee, and I will associate it with the finishing touches of my grandma's portrait that I drew this Fall.
Nouvelle Vague

Nouvelle Vague - the softness, magic, femininity, and cheerfulness are characteristic for this amazingly talented band. I had an occasion to attend one of their concerts, and I must admit - it was brilliant and I felt so charmed by their performance. Chapeau bas!

Walk the Moon - Tightrope - I can literary run the marathon when I have this song in my head. No matter how tired I am, how melancholic, or powerless I feel - this is my ultimate cure for discharged batteries. This song turns on my emergency power supply ;)

Angus and Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane - ... Paris!

Those are not all the significant songs that I listened to in 2012, but those have a special place in my heart ;)
2013! - I will keep my eyes and ears wide open ;) BRING IT ONN!


2 komentarze:

  1. wooo i guess your blog will help me to find new music inspirationssss ^^)/
    keep it up and happy new year~!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Happy New Year to you too! :D
    Next posts coming soon! ;)

    OdpowiedzUsuń