środa, 17 kwietnia 2013

Inspiration no1: artistic nudity and stunning little courage

Spring has finally arrived! Hurray! 

The time has come for: jogging, picknic, biking, discovering, open-air concerts, ... NOPE! I still have to wait... uhm 2 daysss! On Friday I have my last test and I'm gonna be free! So I can do all those things listed above :) Till then I got stuck in my room with all those readings, essays, notes, tons of surnames to remember, and French words to memorize ... and the weather is so tempting! 

I really appreciate all my little springish strolls to uni and back. I really can't believe that the temperatures are so high and that you can actually walk in your sneakers without socks! Love it! 

And to be honest, I really like my 8 o'clock French classes on Thursdays - mornings are so fresh, and clean, and you can see how the entire world is already delicately woken up, like the moment after you open your eyes after a nice sleep, and you notice that the sun is shining outside - and a delicate glimpse of smile comes to your face. In this time of day, the world is pinkish and delicate like a scrumptious baby. 

Yesterday I felt very light and no in the mood for studying. Therefore I decided not to force myself, but to enjoy a little time off. 

Cashback (2006) Poster
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460740/
"Cashback" (2006)
(directed by Sean Ellis)

I came across my first inspiration - a trully brilliant movie about college student who starts to work on a night-shift in local Sainsbury to somehow "use" additional 8 hours of life due to insomnia. He wants to be a painter, and therefore there's a lot of nudity in the movie, nontheless it is all very tastefull and artistic - in a way. We bagan to see the world through his eyes - a person who is extremely sensitive, fragile, and totally absorbed by his passion to create and froze the moment. It's nice to know that they are poeple who perceive the world similarily to you, and that it is not the indication of weakness and naivety but of some deep passion and perceptiveness. I loved it :) 



"The Secret World of Arrietty" (2010)


My second inspiration came from Master Miyazako movie "The Secret World of Arrietty". First of all, I couldn't stop marveling about the scenery of the movie, and that is, a little home of tiny people. The furnitures, wallpapers, tools, dishes, tea service, absolutely everythings was draw with this master attention to the detail! It felt so cosy, so soft and crafted. I liked that poeple lived like in the old days - they were preoccupied with house works, and basic activities, and they relied on their contact with nature. I absolutely adore the main heroine, Arrietty. I like her resourcefulness, courage, compassion, and endless curosity about sourrounding world. It's funny, but I believe that kids nowadays are complete opposites of her. I think that when you read between the lines of this scenario, you may guess that the Ghibli studio wanted to present the topic of the endengered species and that people, with no hesitation, take part in the cruel process of eliminating them. I believe that the movie tries to persuade youngsters to take an active part in rescuing the nature. 

Ok, so those were my two inspirations for today :) 


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz